Collecting Personal Information
- Examples of Personal Information collected: version of web browser, IP address, time zone, cookie information, what sites or products you view, search terms, and how you interact with the Site.
- Purpose of collection: to load the Site accurately for you, and to perform analytics on Site usage to optimize our Site.
- Source of collection: Collected automatically when you access our Site using cookies, log files, web beacons, tags, or pixels
- Disclosure for a business purpose: shared with our processor Shopify
- Examples of Personal Information collected: name, billing address, payment information (including credit card numbers), email address, and phone number.
- Purpose of collection: to provide products or services to you to fulfill our contract, to process your payment information, arrange for shipping, and provide you with invoices and/or order confirmations, communicate with you, screen our orders for potential risk or fraud, and when in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
- Source of collection: collected from you.
- Disclosure for a business purpose: shared with our processor Shopify and your video creator
Customer support information
- Examples of Personal Information collected: order details
- Purpose of collection: to provide customer support.
- Source of collection: collected from you.
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 18 years. We do not intentionally collect Personal Information from children. If you are the parent or guardian and believe your child has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us at the address below to request deletion.
We pay close attention not to engage any Minors as creators on our platform. Our minimum age for creators is 18 years.
Sharing Personal Information
We share your Personal Information with service providers to help us provide our services and fulfill our contracts with you, as described above. For example:
- We use Shopify to power our online store. You can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
- We may share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
- We share your personal information with your product video creator and motion graphics designer
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For example:
- We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en.You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Using Personal Information
We use your personal Information to provide our services to you, which includes: offering products for sale, processing payments, shipping and fulfillment of your order, and keeping you up to date on new products, services, and offers.
Pursuant to the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), if you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), we process your personal information under the following lawful bases:
- Your consent;
- The performance of the contract between you and the Site;
- Compliance with our legal obligations;
- To protect your vital interests;
- To perform a task carried out in the public interest;
- For our legitimate interests, which do not override your fundamental rights and freedoms.
When you place an order through the Site, we will retain your Personal Information for our records unless and until you ask us to erase this information. For more information on your right of erasure, please see the ‘Your rights’ section below.
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to object to processing based solely on automated decision-making (which includes profiling), when that decision-making has a legal effect on you or otherwise significantly affects you.
We do not engage in fully automated decision-making that has a legal or otherwise significant effect using customer data.
Our processor Shopify uses limited automated decision-making to prevent fraud that does not have a legal or otherwise significant effect on you.
Services that include elements of automated decision-making include:
- Temporary denylist of IP addresses associated with repeated failed transactions. This denylist persists for a small number of hours.
- Temporary denylist of credit cards associated with denylisted IP addresses. This denylist persists for a small number of days.
Visitors and customers of Sweetspot have the opportunity to register for a newsletter with regular advertising information. In addition to entering the e-mail address, the subscription to the newsletter must be confirmed in a confirmation e-mail so that abusive registration with a third-party e-mail address is not possible (legal basis according to DSGVO, Art. 6 Para. 1 Letter a DSGVO) .
The user can opt out of receiving advertising with future effect at any time. A successful registration for the newsletter can also be revoked at any time via the link in each newsletter.
Emails based on transactions and direct mail
We use your e-mail address, which we received as part of the sale of a product or service. This applies to sending you electronic advertisements for your own goods or services that are similar to those you have already purchased from us. This only occurs if you have not objected to this use. The processing takes place on the basis of Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. f GDPR from our interest in direct advertising.
The user can opt out of receiving advertising with future effect at any time. A waiver can also be declared at any time via the corresponding links in each of our emails.
Our website uses the visitor action pixel from Facebook, Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA ("Facebook") to measure and optimize order completions.
In this way, the behavior of site visitors can be tracked after they have been redirected to the provider's website by clicking on a Facebook ad. This allows the effectiveness of the Facebook ads to be evaluated for statistical and market research purposes and future advertising measures to be optimized.
The data collected is anonymous to us as the operator of this website, we cannot draw any conclusions about the identity of the user. However, the data is stored and processed by Facebook so that a connection to the respective user profile is possible and Facebook can use the data for its own advertising purposes in accordance with the Facebook data usage guidelines. This enables Facebook to place advertisements on Facebook pages and outside of Facebook. This use of the data cannot be influenced by us as the site operator.
You will find further information on protecting your privacy in Facebook's data protection information: https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/.
You can also disable the “Custom Audiences” remarketing feature in the Ads Settings section at https://www.facebook.com/ads/preferences/?entry_product=ad_settings_screen. To do this, you must be logged in to Facebook.
If you do not have a Facebook account, you can deactivate usage-based advertising from Facebook on the website of the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance: http://www.youronlinechoices.com/de/praferenzmanagement/.
Disclosure of Personal Data between Creators and Customers
Sweetspot is entitled and obliged, since we only offer platform transactions, to pass on to suppliers (creators) those data that are required for the execution of the purchase contracts and the delivery of ordered video ads to the users.
Sweetspot only transmits personal data to third parties if this is necessary in the context of contract processing, for example to the creator entrusted with the delivery of the ordered video ads or the payment service provider responsible for processing the payment. Any further transmission of the data does not take place or only if you have expressly consented to the transmission. Your data will not be passed on to third parties without your express consent, for example for advertising purposes.
Other Third Party Services
When paying for services on Sweetspot, the payment service provider Stripe of the American Stripe Inc. is used (according to GDPR, Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. b and f GDPR). We expressly refer to the data protection guidelines of Stripe Inc., which are guaranteed by both the EU-American and the Swiss-American Privacy Shield certification.
Klaviyo, an offer from the American Klaviyo Inc., is used to send newsletters and emails from Nala and Luna (according to GDPR, Art. 6 Para. 1 Letter b and f GDPR). We expressly refer to Klaviyo's data protection guidelines, which are guaranteed by both the EU-American and the Swiss-American Privacy Shield certification.
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you, to port it to a new service, and to ask that your Personal Information be corrected, updated, or erased. If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us through the contact information below.
Your Personal Information will be initially processed in Ireland and then will be transferred outside of Europe for storage and further processing, including to Canada and the United States. For more information on how data transfers comply with the GDPR, see Shopify’s GDPR Whitepaper: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/your-account/privacy/GDPR.
A cookie is a small amount of information that’s downloaded to your computer or device when you visit our Site. We use a number of different cookies, including functional, performance, advertising, and social media or content cookies. Cookies make your browsing experience better by allowing the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login and region selection). This means you don’t have to re-enter this information each time you return to the site or browse from one page to another. Cookies also provide information on how people use the website, for instance whether it’s their first time visiting or if they are a frequent visitor.
The length of time that a cookie remains on your computer or mobile device depends on whether it is a “persistent” or “session” cookie. Session cookies last until you stop browsing and persistent cookies last until they expire or are deleted. Most of the cookies we use are persistent and will expire between 30 minutes and two years from the date they are downloaded to your device.
You can control and manage cookies in various ways. Please keep in mind that removing or blocking cookies can negatively impact your user experience and parts of our website may no longer be fully accessible.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can choose whether or not to accept cookies through your browser controls, often found in your browser’s “Tools” or “Preferences” menu. For more information on how to modify your browser settings or how to block, manage or filter cookies can be found in your browser’s help file or through such sites as www.allaboutcookies.org.
Additionally, please note that blocking cookies may not completely prevent how we share information with third parties such as our advertising partners. To exercise your rights or opt-out of certain uses of your information by these parties, please follow the instructions in the “Behavioural Advertising” section above.
Do Not Track
Please note that because there is no consistent industry understanding of how to respond to “Do Not Track” signals, we do not alter our data collection and usage practices when we detect such a signal from your browser.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at [email address] or by mail using the details provided below:
Silja Luoma Switzerland GmbH, Zollikerstrasse 245, 8008 Zürich, Switzerland
Last updated: 26.12.2021
If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, you have the right to lodge your complaint with the relevant data protection authority.